Making Trucking Life A Successful Career
Types of Truck Driving Jobs
Choosing a Company
A truckers life can be rewarding but it will also be challenging. Becoming a truck driver is a serious decision. You don't want to spend money on trucking schools or commit to a trucking company not knowing if you are compatible for the trucking lifestyle.
We will fill you in on what to expect as a truck driver and how to create a successful career in trucking as we address topics such as those following this paragraph and also answer your questions...
Some of the things you will learn at this website...
Other than hitching a ride with a driver, what you are doing right now, researching trucking life on the web is the best way to experience life as a trucker. I commend you for being so smart!
Here you will find videos, audios and text with answers and
commentary from experienced drivers about the good, the bad and the ugly in the trucking industry.
Browse around the site as I take you with me through pictures and
stories for a journey of life as a big truck driver, while revealing
some of the things I have learned from trucking professionally 13 plus year and over a million miles. The good, the bad, and the ugly!
Sit back and enjoy the ride!
Life as a Trucker will entertain, educate, inform, motivate, and inspire
You will get answers to questions you've always had and
thoughts you've always wondered.
AND . . .
insight to help you be make better driving decisions around trucks.
With these tips you will be able to show off to your friends in the car by throwing out information they don't have!
Changing the Face of the Trucking Industry
Truckers Life - Free Class About Trucking
Purpose of Life as a Trucker
My purpose of Life-as-a-trucker.com is to. . .
1. Educate the person who is thinking about becoming a truck driver
so that he or she will know what to expect. This will bring better
quality drivers to the industry because they will have the information
about transportation logistics and life on the road to make informed
decision before getting on the road
2. Create a place for truckers and 4wheelers to mingle and
interact leading to better understanding each other's highway habits.
Making it easier to share the roads, increasing efficiency and improving
3. To provide a place for professional drivers to unite with
each other. Sharing information in the truckers forum and other places
on the site.
(Information such as good trucking companies, and truck stops to visit to get value service, best brokers to use, etc)
Ride with me!
Becoming a Trucker
Trucking Families In Need Of Prayer
Thanks For Visiting Life-as-a-trucker.com
Get listed in a premium web site directory for free where you can find more resources about Entertaining Directory
- Trucking Tips For New Drivers
- Trucking tips for new drivers to help make life as a trucker a little less painful and a lot more productive. This will be your shortcut to success as you gain from my mistakes or the ones I've seen.
- Women In Trucking
- The number of women in trucking is steadily increasing. Some companies now makes extra efforts to recruit women to be truck drivers. Here is what lady drivers can expect
- Ask A Trucker
- ask a trucker question you have alway wondered
- Company Drivers
- Learn about company driver pay, responsibilites and realities that comes with OTR trucking jobs.
- Owner Operators
- Information about becoming owner operators and how it differs from being a company driver
- Trucking And The D.O.T./Highway Patrol
- What you need to know about the D.O.T., highway patrol and smokey bears while over the road
- Life As A Trucker Comments
- Life as a trucker comments page. What people have to say about the website.
- Used Trucking Equipment For Sale
- used trucking equipment for sale by drivers themselves. This is where you will find deals. Feel free to post your equipment.
- A Truckers Life
- Trucker life is a slightly different adventure every day. These videos and pictures my account of a day will help to you experience trucking life over the road.
- Freight Brokering
- Freight brokering is arrangement by a 3rd party to transport the products of a shipper. Can be a work at home opportunity for truckers wives. Can also be a way for owner operators to make more money.
- Motivation to change bad habits
- Motivation to change bad habits
- Trucker Interviews
- Trucker Interviews with interesting truckers and other peope while out on the road
- Trucking Life Blog
- Life on the road and the trucking lifestyle. Ask questions and get answers about trucking jobs, trucking schools, relationships and over the road driving.
- Contact Us
- Contact Us
- Qualify For CDLs
- This page will list resources to help you determine if you qualify for cdls.
- Advice For Truckers And Truckers Wives
- Life as a trucker presents Jennifer and Julie the perfect combination of education and experience to give advise for truckers and truckers wives about relationships, family, and more.
- Achieving Better Health As A Trucker
- Making better choices can help you achieve better health as a trucker. The lifestyle at most trucking companies is pretty sedentary as a driver. Here is some advice for better health
- Truck Driving Jobs
- Find truck driving jobs, trucking comanies and info about career outlook and recommendations by drivers
- Truckers Wives
- Truckers wives play an important role in the trucking lifestyle. The wife of a trucker must be strong, compasionate and understanding to support her trucker husband.
- Truckers Forums
- Truckers forums is where you vent, discuss, ask questions or just mingle. Get it of your chest at life-as-a-trucker.com
- Crazy Trucker Stories
- Crazy Trucker Stories
- Show Trucks
- pics and video of pics of show trucks
- Drivers Lounge
- The drivers lounge is the place where truckers come to relax watch video play game and meet people and share secrets of the road
- Truckers Videos
- truckers videos
- Privacy Statement
- Privacy Statement
- About Us
- Well I don't know how much you guys really want to know. But here is the medium version. I will come and do a short version when I get a chance.
- Reality of Trucking
- The realities of trucking are sometimes taken for granted. These are disadvantages of becoming a trucker that can't be ignored.
- Life of a Trucker
- This poem will summarize the life of a trucker for you in 2 words. Very Colorful. I will explain why if you really want to know about the life of a trucker before you decide to become one.
- Advantages Of Becoming A Truck Driver
- There are a lot of benefits of becoming a truck driver. Here are a few good ones.
- Depression In Trucking
- How could there not be depression in trucking. Relax it won't last, that is if you follow my suggestions.
- Recommended Diesel Mechanics
- Recommended diesel mechanics that care about driver satisfaction, quality of work and good reputation.
- Freedom At Work
- Freedom at the workplace for me means that the boss is not hoovering over your every move micro-managing your tasks. As a trucker you escape the shackled life. Work with freedom.
- How Do You Start Creating Wealth
- How do you start creating wealth ?You feed your mind to unleash creative thinking. Save money you make and build your credit. Meanwhile you learn where to invest to make you money grow exponentially
- Making It trucking In Today's Economy
- Choosing a trucking company in today's economy is not far from should be done during any other time. Almost.
- How is The Economy Affecting The Trucking Industry
- It affects everything but trucking will never screech to a halt.
- Marriage Advice For Truckers or Truckers Wives
- Marriage advice for truckers or truckers wives from a males perspective
- Answer to Changing Professions to Truck Driving
- Changing professions to truck driving is a group of anwers to a person thing of changing careers from nursing to trucking
- Jennifer's Blog
- Jennifer's blog on lifeasatrucker.com
- Abuse of authority happens every now and then, we must remember that the officer has the leverage. Best to act like you have some sense and be tactful in your response. Report incidents here.
- Oilfield Trucking Jobs
- Oilfields provides all types of trucking opportunities. They tend to pay more than a regular dry van trucking job just as most specialty trucking jobs. Take a look at life as an oilfield trucker..
- Is Trucking a Recession Proof Career
- Is trucking a recession proof career? Well do you mean literally or figuritively speaking? Trucking is the last to scale down and the first to recover in a recession so there you have it.
- Parenting Tips For A Truckers Wife
- Here are some parenting tips for a truckers wife. These are not just trucking families parenting tips though, you may also want to pass them on to your loved one as food for thought from Jennifer S.
- Answer to trucking questions about comments on rip off report
- Websites like ripoff report is a tremendous value but the reader may still have questions about the comments and complaints. Here is some insight about the information you see at such websites.
- Newbie Truckers Profiles
- Newbie truckers profiles on life as a trucker.com is for drivers with less than one year experience.
- I Don't Trust My Trucker Husband
- I don't trust my trucker husband. Is this you? Is there a reason that you shouldn't trust him. Just because he is trucking doesn't mean he will elope with a lot lizard.
- Changing The Face Of The Trucking Industry
- Changing trucking industry perceptions is not easy to do. We all must put forth an effort if there is any hope for truckers to be seen in a more positive light.
- Understanding Your Trucker
- What is a relationship? Understanding the difference between the way a man and a woman thinks might help you in understanding your trucker.
- Ex Truckers Getting Back Into Trucking Need Experience
- Many ex truckers trying to get back into trucking find themselves either facing low starting salaries or trouble getting hired without recent driving experience. Let's cut through that red tape here.
- Lady Truckers Trucking It Up
- Lady truckers give advice about trucking life and sharing the road with four wheelers.
- Chaining Up For Winter Driving
- In some places you are required to chain up, put snow chains on tires when the D.O.T. gives the word. After a certain time of year you must carry them in the truck.
- When Is It Time To Let Go
- When is it time to let go? When it leads to destruction, counter productive results, depression. But it varies from person to person. You have to evaluate your situation from the big picture. video
- Casting Call For Lady Truckers
- Casting lady truckers for "Mother Truckers" a docu-series shown on Major Network. A Wonder Productions Project
- Alabama Trucking
- alabama trucking, alabama trucking companies, alabama trucking jobs
- Class A Drivers License
- Private trucking school to get your class a drivers license to become a commercial drivers is a good choice for the right person.
- How To Handle Life When It Throws You a Curve Ball
- Life is all about learning and helping others building meaningful relationships along the way. But what do you do when life throw you a curve ball. Well, you duck or swing but which and then what...
- Idaho Trucking
- Idaho trucking companies advertising for locat and OTR truck drivers. You will also find trucking resources such as Idaho Trucking Assoication link. See if you are compatible for the lifestyle here
- Tips For A Worrying Trucker's Wife
- Tips for a trucker's wife to help her cope with the worrying, the stress and the unknown
- Types of Truck Driving Jobs
- There are many types of truck driving jobs. The type of CDL job will determine pay, time out OTR, amount of physical work, and even level of danger in some cases.
- Healthy Trucking Vitality Program
- Healthy trucking vitality program has the potential to change the lives of truckers if they participate.
- Local Truck Driving Schools
- Local truck driving schools that meets acceptable standards of teaching will be the most cost effect for you. Search here to find the closest school in your area.
- Willing To Train Other People to Get a CDL
- Willing ot train other people to get a CDL? List yourself here. Helping people to get their permit and CDL with training or renting a truck is in big demand.
- Truckstop Tips
- Here are some truckstop tips to give you a little insight while your trucking across the country
- 2008 Iowa 80 Jamboree Truck Show
- The 20 Iowa 80 Jamboree Truck Show is a great place to discover new products for trucks and meet truckers. You will also find many vendors of familiar new products and trucking companies and network.
- Big Truck Burnouts
- big trucks burnouts
- Power of the Mind
- The power of the mind is an incredible thing. It is as underated as the professional trucker.
- Can You Take Someone With You On The Road
- Can you take someone with you on the road?
- Truck Stop
- The truck stop is a drivers home away from home. There you will find showers, restaraunts, games, theatre, and sometimes a barbershop. Oh yeah and fuel.
- Backing Up
- Backing up is something that gives trouble to many drivers. Here is a word of advice to help you develop your skills quicker.
- Learning to Shift
- Learning to shift is not hard to do. Don't worry, you will be taught this is trucking school. Most want to learn shifting without a clutch.
- Peace Of Mind
- Peace of mind for you and your loved ones are important when you leave home for weeks at a time. Here are some tips to get it.
- A Good Diet Plan
- A good diet for truckers is very important. We are already at a great disadvantage because we are so sendentary. But whats a good diet. Here are healtheir choices you should make.
- Controlling Behavior in the Trucking Lifestyle
- Some truckers have controlling behavior that make being over the road a strain that it doesn't have to be. Identify and change it. Live better.
- Easy Driver Health Tip
- Driver health is important to all. Here is an easy tip that is also cheap to practice.
- High Paying Local Truck Driving Jobs
- There are some high paying local truck driving jobs. In many cases the hours might not be as favorable as you might think, you will be home nightly.
- Local Trucking vs Over The Road
- Local trucking vs over the road points out some of the things that can makes them different other than the obvious
- Avoid Running Illegal Or Driving Tired
- Some new driver worry about being forced to run illegal or drive tired. Here are some tips for helping you avoid and cope with that situation
- Stress in Trucking
- Stress in trucking is experienced almost daily. Manage it.
- How To Loose Belly Fat
- This is how to loose belly fat. Its a simple process the problem is the discipline that is required. Here's how I did it.
- How Much Money Do Truckers Make
- How much money do truckers make in 2013? For new drivers from $20,000 to $40,000. I'll explain why the spread.