Getting exercise for is one of the most important things that you can do for your health. Our bodies were designed for physical exertion, continued learning and facing challenges. (At least that is what I believe) So taking any situation that you are in and figuring out how to get done what you need to get done will make use of your natural abilities. (And you have many!)
Getting exercise for truck drivers is especially important because we spend so many hours each day sitting basically still. Then after driving many drivers will sit or lye down watching TV, playing games, or reading.
Exercises For Truck Drivers
Here are some techniques that I used for getting exercise in the truck. It can help with weight loss for truckers and keep the muscles from withering away. It might help to first but on some music with a beat that you love.
- Push Ups can be done as soon as you wake up, right in the bunk.
- Sit Ups or Crunches can be done right in the bunk
- Leg Lifts can be done right in the bunk. First each side and then lay on your stomach and left each.Feet shoulder width apart
- Stand Up – Extend your arms outward to your side and rotate in circular motion for 1 minute beyond the burn
- Standing up – bend over sideways reaching down on the with your hand toward your foot (you won't reach your foot though)
- Knee Lifts – Alternate left and right knees lifted up toward your chest
- Shadow box to the beat of the music and imagine your opponent is the purveyor of stress. Knock out all the things that present challenges for you in life! (isn't this fun?)
- When you park at the truck stops, park far away from the building to get in those extra steps.
- You can also use gallon jugs to represent dumbbell for extra resistance to do curls and other arm exercises.
You can easily get exercise as a trucker, without extra expense or weight equipment. Those are some ideas that you can use to do it. You can also create your own movements. (also know as exercise routine)
If you grab a cheap work out video, you will see that exercises can generally be made up as long as there is proper form and common sense involved. The main thing is to get started with a routine immediately so it becomes a habit. If you wait it will be harder to start for many people.
More Reasons For Getting Exercise
If you want a little more motivation and challenge grab you a set of dumbbells. They are only $25 at Sports Authority. If you can't get excited about milk jugs, maybe actual weight training equipment will put you in the right mind state to stay motivated and get in shape.
Keep in mind why you are wanting to follow through. Exercise for health and a more enjoyable life experience of course. But what does that mean exactly?
Here'some specific motivators for getting exercise everyday...
- maintaining your youthfulness as long as possible
- keeping your immune system at peak performance
- warding off natural aging tendencies like osteoarthritis and bone degeneration
- how about just keeping more money in your pocket to save or to spend
- how about keeping your trucking job!
- having the energy to stay awake while driving
- weight loss for truckers or maintaining your current weight
- having the ability and desire to get off the couch when you get home so that you can entertain the wife and kids
Why You Should Watch Your Belly Fat
Drivers what are your tips? How are you getting exercise on the road?
What Are Your Comments?
What are you thoughts, ideas, or comments about the information on this page? Do you have experience with the topic. Can you give additional information? What's your story? What's your insight. What's your opinion? What's Your question? Share them with us!
DO NOT make childish posts attacking people or companies.
DO NOT abuse this site to get back at someone. You will be banned.
A Good Diet For Truckers
Achieving Better Health