Truck 1 intrastate. What to do to run 2nd truck OTR?

by Cheyenne Lewis
(Baytown Texas United States)

I own a small business. 2 tractors and 2 trailers. At this time I am intrastate only.

Wanting to know what step to take next to get my other truck to be interstate. I know I will need an MC # and combo plates. I am going to be looking for someone to be an OTR driver for my company, but first I need to know what first step to take.

My husband is 1 of my drivers, but he does local because he wants to be home daily so right now we are only intrastate.

My 2nd tractor is just sitting at the moment because I havent put insurance on it until I know exactly what needs to be done first.

I am wanting to hire someone to go over the road and who is responsible and drug free and willing to go out to different states.

I know the company I want the person to work under once I get all this figured out. OTR is better money as most already know.

If anyone knows what step I need to take first to get this going could you please email me @ or you can text me @ 281-908-5547.

Any information would be graciously appreciated. As soon as I get this process done I WILL be on the hunt for a responsible and hardworking dedicated over the road driver.

Thanks for any input and have a blessed evening!! I am located in the Houston Texas area and business is booming!!

Thanks so much. My name is Cheyenne. My company is Rabbitz Trucking LLC.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask a Professional Truck Driver..