Finding a job?

I have currently been unable to drive due to my license being suspended for child support. It has been over a year since I drove a truck. Does anyone know who will hire me after being out of the truck this long?

Comments for Finding a job?

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Mar 07, 2009
1 year recent verifiable experience
by: Hervy

Yep most companies want at least 1 year recent verifiable experience. Key word is most.

Feb 26, 2009
Haven't driven for awhile.
by: Jimmy

You just have to call around. The job market is different today. If you stay away from trucking too long, most companies want you to either take a refresher course or even start over and go through school again.

Here's a couple companies that are advertising that they will hire you if you need a refresher course. P.A.M. Transport out of Tontitown, Ar which is just west of Springdale. 877) 440-7890 and C.Bean Transport out of the S.East, can't remember where. 800)581-4047

P.A.M. is dry van and is affiliated with Allen Freight Svc out of Fla and C.Bean is dry van and flatbed. His brother, Alton Bean, also has a company. Be sure to explain about your license suspension right up front. Jimmy

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask A Trucker.