Do you have to have a Class A CDL when bobtail? In California.

by Joshua Hernandez
(Shafter,CA, USA)

The reason I ask is because I was told that if you are driving a vehicle that accepts a trailer that also has glad hands then it's a combination vehicle and requires a Class A CDL.

The company I work for has just bought 2 cranes with a Military hitch and glad hands.... Okay but the truck/ chassis is equipped with a 4th adjustable axle.

Am I mislead? Or what?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask a Professional Truck Driver..