Can anyone help me find a job, please

by Lee
(Charlotte NC)

I have a speeding ticket that was for 20 over, I only paid a fine of $125.00. There were some circumstances for the reason I was speeding. The sign had been knocked down in an accident and was not visible from where I was in the lane.

The judge agreed with me and only fined me the 125.00. I am in Truck Driver school right now and have applied to a but load of companies, and because of that ticket, I still cannot find a job. If anyone knows of a company that will take a hard worker that used to be an Iron Worker in the union so as far as my criminal background I am spotless.

I have spent 3800.00 on this and with kids to feed, it is starting to make me sick to my stomach. This ticket was in my personal vehicle, not a commercial one. In the state of South Carolina where my license is from. Reckless driving is Reckless driving, this is excessive speeding. It is judged as a different offense. I just need a job

Please contact


Comments for Can anyone help me find a job, please

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Sep 23, 2010
I don't know
by: Hervy

I don't think you can plead to a lessor charge with a CDL. Yeah talk to a lawyer man.

Good luck

Jun 14, 2010
by: Anonymous

hire you a lawyer explain it to him then get the lawyer to ask for a motion for approiate release and get the ticket reduced to a non moving violation and then slow down do not speed no matter what

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask A Trucker.