Van or Reefer
I'm considering going to school to get my cdl and with my research I'm thinking about going with Roehl transport. I want to go with a company that won't force fudging of log books or unrealistic delivery times.
So my questions are:
1. In my area (Pittsburgh), they are hiring flatbed and reefer. As of right now no dry van. I see reefer pays a little more...why?
2. Does anyone have any experience with this company?
3. I see they offer cdl training. Should I go to school and get it or should I look into them training me.
4. Could someone explain dedicated routes?
5. Do those GPS navigation devises help with trip planing and reroutes for flooding, construction, etc.?
I've driven truck in the army, so I'm familiar with the basics and love driving. I have no problem being on the road for long periods of time and am anxious to get going. I'm very confident in my driving abilities, just unsure about downtown city driving. But I'm sure those new GPS devises will help. Thanks in advance for any reply's.