If I got a ticket in Indiana and I live in Toronto Canada what should I do?

Hi my name is Troy Miller. I am a cross border transport driver from Toronto Canada. On Dec 16 of last year I was involved in an accident on I-69 just outside of the Anderson/Pendleton area.

Apparently there was another truck involved but they failed to remain at the scene. To make a long story short I was issued a traffic infraction from the Indiana State Patrol for Operating a CMV while ill or fatigued.

There is a supposed eye witness that stated I crossed the centre line and they saw what they thought was seizure activity.

While in the hospital in Indiana, they did a number of tests and since I have been home more tests have been done and no proof of any seizure activity has resulted.

My company wishes me to attend court to fight the infraction but I am physically unable to do this as a result of a back injury sustained in the accident.

I was told that you or your agency may be able to help me to contact someone that could advocate on my behalf since I am unable to travel to the Pendleton Town Court on the 17th of this month for a Pre-Trial Conference.

Any help or advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Troy Miller.

Comments for If I got a ticket in Indiana and I live in Toronto Canada what should I do?

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Mar 05, 2010
Indiana Lawyer
by: Hervy

Hello Troy,

I would call an attorney in Indiana that is familiar with cases involving commercial vehicles. This is one that I just did a Google search and came up with. There are 100's


P.S. That's why I have TVC so I don't have to worry when stuff like this comes up but there are other legal plans too.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask A Trucker.