i am not from usa is trucking possible for me..?
Dear sir,I am a student, 28, a computer literate, and hold 2 diplomas including tefl(teaching english as a foreign language) and reside in India. Truck driving is my passion and love.I am so glad and impressed tht i came across ur site, its amazing and very helpful. I am really very much interested in trucking and want to take it as a career seriously for life. I am a good driver indeed and have no accidents or have never broke the traffic rules or got caught for drunk driving or anything like that, I am keen to be a truck driver outside india for a long term because I am loyal, hardworking, a good skilled driver, catchy, and can do it, and have discovered the goal of my life now!!. I never knew whom to mail to clear out my doubts which r necessary for me to know, so i thought its better to directly connect and get in touch with a driver already who has the experience and atleast can help me out answered my questions. i already mailed some people fr this but havent gt a reply yet. It will be very greatful if I get a reply back from you, because i am a beginner and dont kn the whole procedure for becoming a truck driver in us or canada, and am really serious and want to take truck driving as my profession for life, because i kno i am skilled for th things required. i cannot be recruited just now because i am a beginner, and will need a preliminary training to get started. hence i need to have a clear vision and the doubts cleared out! ill be glad if u reply back, because i have mailed some schools in th us and canada for trucking training, but still m waiting for the reply. my doubts to be cleared r:
1. i m not a us or canadian citizen, still cn i become a truck driver ther?
2. For which visa I must apply as I am a beginner and will need training for trucking and start as a career.
3. As a foreigner, can I get enrolled for any such kind of trucking course outside my country?
4. Are ther any physical requirements necessary such as, height, or vision to b a truck driver?
5. How much approximately will it cost to me, for visa processing and getting into the trucking training for further employment, if I do qualify?
6. I hold my national licence, and have applied for international licence. Can I drive trucks holding n international licence only or do I necessarily have to apply for a CDL before driving if I qualify.
7. i dont have any problems in english, i am a computer literate, hold 2 diplomas after completing my 12th, was a science student, but i dont like to work in a corporate field or anything like that, besides i have a passion fo driving trucks, because i love driving, and i think its a better option for me.
Hence i need a proper guidance to accomplish my dreams, if i need to get enroled, if can, and undergo the training. thanks for ur time, ur friend, rikki.