20 flatbed questions
by JW MONDAK
(QUEEN CREEK, AZ)
Need help in answering these questions. I got a few of them so far. Thanks.1. what is the minimum number of 4” straps required to secure a 28,000 lb aluminum palletized coil? 3
2. the working load rating of a grade 7 5/16th load chain is? 4,700
3. explain how you brace a coil with eyes vertical on a trailer?
4. what is the requirement for securing palletized items loaded on the trailer?
5. what are the fmcr’s general rules of when to use belly wrap on bundled lumber secured to the trailer?
6. when securing pipe or rebar on the trailer, what is required to prevent the load from shifting forward or backward while trailer is in motion?
7. is it ok to use the rub rail as an anchor point when using straps or chains? no
8. after securing plate steel or aluminum, how do you restrain it from forward or rearward movement?
9. what is the national safety council general rule when taking corners or curves with a high cube or heavy load? 15-20 below posted.
10. what is the minimum working load limit of a 4” strap? 4,000
11. the 3 major forces which effect movement of the load on the trailer are?
deceleration in the forward direction.
acceleration in the rearward direction
acceleration in the lateral direction.
12. how do you secure a 12,000 pound non cubic boulder with a non stable base?
13. what should be checked after you leave your tractor and loaded trailer prior to driving again? check the stability of the load, trailer and tractor. make sure everything is tight and secure.
14. how does a loaded trailer affect the tractor when stopping or going down a grade? takes longer to stop. momentum is greatly increased when going down a grade.
15. when securing equipment that has a boom, what is required other than securing the equipment?
16. how far does the load have to extend over the back of the trailer before you have to flag it? 4 feet
17. how do you secure a load a moulding to the trailer?
18. explain the tiedown procedures used to secure a 30,000 lb container
19. when securing finished (bundled) lumber on the trailer, what is required to create a bulk head on the load to legally move it down the road?
20. if you have 2 items of equal weight to position on the trailer, where would you place them on the trailer?
thanks in advance for help with these questions. firstname.lastname@example.org