Cost of Driving Over the Road
The cost of driving over the road can be minimized most effectively by planning ahead. Get a refrigerator that plugs into your cigarette lighter to stock up with groceries.
Go to a bigbox store so you won't be buying expensive items at the c-store or in the truck stops.Remember. You are out here on the road to MAKE MONEY. The costs are few but they can easily rob you of your paycheck.
Some of the expenses over the road
- Food - This can easily be your biggest expense on the road.
- Laundry - Most large truckstops will have washer and dryer.
- Phone - Most of you have cells. Payphone and phonecard are also at most truck stops incase you refuse to step into 2012,lol.
- Internet Access - If you don't have your own, there are wifi connections available at most truck stops for a fee.
- Showers at most truck stops. You only pay if you don't have a fuel receipt. You should not have this problem too often.
- Tolls – Most companies will pay up front, some however will require you pay and pay you back
The cost that is most likely to affect you, is the nickel and dime spending at truck stops when you stop to use the bathroom or if you try and live off of eating the food there.
You will not have a paycheck at the end of the week if you don't get a handle on this part of the road.
Most companies will advance a portion of the check. Many drivers fall into a trap of always giving back a large portion of their check on payday to repay advances.
Don't fall into this trap.
Here are some ideas for saving money while out on the road
Make up in your mind that you will not buy stuff when you stop to use the bathroom. One thing I do is stop at rest areas instead of truck stops unless I need fuel.
Its quicker and less temptation.
If you have to go to a truck stop go in and out. Don't browse around. Hurry up and leave the joint if you know you have low will power. I got faith in ya I believe you can do it.
Other Tips For New Drivers
Got Tips for Saving Money on the Road?
What Are Your Comments?
What are you thoughts, ideas, or comments about the information on this page? Do you have experience with the topic. Can you give additional information? What's your story? What's your insight. What's your opinion? What's Your question? Share them with us!
DO NOT make childish posts attacking people or companies.
DO NOT abuse this site to get back at someone. You will be banned.
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Leave Cost of Driving Over The Road go to Disadvantages