Would I have to go to a CDL School to get a Class C for just operation of air brakes?

by Destiny Bennett
(O'fallon, Illinois, USA)

I am planning on becoming a tow truck operator in southern Illinois and besides needing a class c non cdl the insurance also needs for new drivers to have a class a cdl for the air brakes.

i have been web searching and also asking around and so far everything seems to be 50/50 for schooling and no schooling. the trucks that the company i plan to work for are regular f-550s and the biggest being a flatbed f-650.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask a Professional Truck Driver..