question about dot sap specialist

by Dustin
(Salem ohio)

Yes I gotten into an accident last year. Tested positive for mj. My company told me I had to see a dot sap specialist b4 I could go back to doing any safety sensitive duty's.

Now I couldn't afford the sap specialist at the time. So the company sent me a letter stating that if I don't see this specialist within 15 days I voluntary quit my job. Now. What I wanna know, can I go work somewhere else driving truck without having to see this specialist. Or do I have too see this specialist b4 I can get a driving job anywhere else.

Is there a way around this?

Comments for question about dot sap specialist

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Oct 23, 2011
dot sap
by: Anonymous

First of all, with the way the economy is why would you want to jeopardize loosing a job over that? You had the money to get the mj, but not the money for the sap, when the substance got you in that mess!

I know a lot of places put you threw that be fore going back on the job. I'm not trying to be a jerk to you but you have to realize that crap isn't worth it ! Nor the mess its got you in! Do you have a family? If you do bet that situation didn't go over well! Good luck to you!

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask A Trucker.