Paul, in the United Kingdom . . . how can a foreigner drive in the US

by Paul Dakers
(England, UK)

. . . . and so I'm wondering if this site is all Americanos, or can us Brits join in the fun? Is it possible to emigrate and become someone's replacement driver?

I have a UK license, Class One, which is Articulated and almost as big as they get here, but I have wanted for a while to drive Stateside.

I have some amount of experience having been driving for about 7 years again, and am very adaptable if someone will give me a chance.

I would particularly like to do Ice Road truckers, but obviously will have Visa and work permit issues - I'm not asking for any favours.

I will pay back anyone who fronts up any kind of fee for me, even if that includes a firm paying an air fare, and transportation once I get there - that these arrangements are made by someone who knows what they are doing is more important than the money itself.

Near on 40 years old, I have a level head and good common sense, and can be left to work unsupervised.

A reference from my current employer can be arranged if required - come on America, my birthday's 4th July - give a wannabe patriot a chance . . .

Comments for Paul, in the United Kingdom . . . how can a foreigner drive in the US

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Apr 29, 2012
Come on down... NEW
by: Jimmy

You'll need a work visa, obviously, then talk to Transco Lines in Arkansas and Hogan in St. Louis, Mo., two companies I've had experience with hiring "foreigners". Some drivers from down under work 9 months, then head home for 3. Jimmy

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Owner Operator Needs a Driver to Share Truck.