Love Hate Relationship...So it works perfectly
My fiance and I have been together for about 13 years. He's been a trucker for about 8 years. It's great when he's gone because I miss the shit out of him but when he is home for 3 days straight, by the end of the third day, I'm ready for that nice "break".. I love him to death and whole heartedly.
My likes of his career include:
*breaks from each other (keeps me missing him and excited when he comes home)
*him being able to take long road trips and driving the whole way
*I admire him because I know I personally couldn't do it
*him knowing faster routes and not panicking when we get lost
*his knowledge of the laws and roads
* him not getting enough rest.
*constantly worrying about accidents
* him not being around for important gatherings
* him not helping raise our 2 preteen girls and being a male role model and our dog
* him not seeing and appreciating what I do (I also work a full time physical job)
* him not seeing the stress I deal with on a daily
* I feel alone
* I master bate a lot.. haha
*him being influenced by other truckers (politically,blah blah, etc)
I could go on and on.. but our dog is crying and I need to clean house before he gets home tomorrow!